What is the adidas King of the Road (KOTR)?
Adidas King of the Road 2011 is a running championship held across five (5) countries – Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Philippines.
Each country is a qualifying leg towards the finals, which is held in the Philippines on 23 October 2011. The winner and runner-up of each country’s 16.8km category win an all-expenses paid trip to the Philippines to compete with the best of the best in Southeast Asia.
When and where will the 2011 adidas King of the Road Philippines be held?
The adidas King of the Road Philippines will be held on 23 October 2011 (Sunday) at the Bonifacio Global City.
What are the race categories available and how much is the race entry fee?
The race is divided into the following categories:
• 5km Men’s Open – 1,050
• 5km Women’s Open – 1,050
• 16.8km Men’s Open/Closed – 1,300
• 16.8km Women’s Open/Closed – 1,300
• 21km Men’s Open
• 21km Women’s Open
Why is the international championship race distance at 16.8km?
With the championship race distance at 16.8km, you’ll be able to complete 2 marathons (84km) over five (5) countries with adidas KOTR 2011.
What’s the theme for this year’s KOTR?
KOTR features a different theme each year, and this year’s theme is entitled ‘Colours’. This is represented through the variety of different coloured adidas singlets participants will don. The multi-colour showcase is meant to demonstrate the vibrancy of the sports scene across Southeast Asia.
Just how big is the adidas KOTR race?
An estimated total of 40,000 runners are expected to pound the pavement across Southeast Asia.
How do I register?
You may register in three different ways.
1. Regular registration
• Register online at www.adidaskingoftheroad.com at your convenience
• Only Visa and Mastercard credit card/debit cards are accepted
• Receive an email confirmation once registration has been processed
2. Free Run promo
• Be one of the first 100 participants per store to register and get a guaranteed slot (and guaranteed singlet size in the color of your choice) in KOTR 2011
• Get 50% off your registration fee when you purchase Php5,000 worth of adidas running products or register absolutely free when you purchase adidas running products worth Php7,000
• Those who avail of this promo will be getting their race kits sent to their preferred address via carrier
• Promo period is from June 29-Aug 31, 2011
3. Prepaid Registration
• Beginning August 22, you may avail of the KOTR Prepaid Reservation Form giving you the chance to pre-register for the KOTR 2011.
• The KOTR Prepaid Reservation Forms gives you the chance to reserve a slot by paying in cash at selected KOTR doors.
• As you receive your KOTR Prepaid Reservation Form, you will receive your very own Reservation Code. The Reservation Code is a unique code that corresponds to a race slot. Only cash payments are accepted.
• The purchase alone does not register you for KOTR 2011. You still have to log on to the website and register as soon as possible as the purchase of the Prepaid Reservation Form guarantees only that your race slot is reserved, not your singlet size.
• The purchase of the KOTR Prepaid Reservation Form is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• KOTR Prepaid Reservation Forms are available from August 22 to August 31, or while forms last. Registration ends August 31, 2011.
Avail of the Free Run Promo and the Prepaid Registration at the ff participating stores namely: adidas in 1) Alabang Town Center 2) Gateway Mall 3) Glorietta 3 4) Greenbelt 3 5) Greenhills 6) Newport Mall 7) Powerplant Mall 8) Robinsons Place Ermita 9) SM MOA 10) SM North Edsa 11) Shangri-La 12) TriNoma, and 13) RUNNR Bonifacio Global City and 14) RUNNR TriNoma.
What time is the assembly time and where?
When and where can I collect my Race Kit?
Registered participants are invited to gather at the KOTR 2011 Kick-Off Assembly from Oct 10-12, 11am-11pm at the NBC Tent, Bonifacio Global City, where race kits containing singlet, timing device, and other race paraphernalia will be distributed and a variety of activities awaits everyone. It is necessary to bring a copy of the confirmation e-mail from the organiser and a valid ID upon collecting the Race Kit.
Last-minute race kit collection may be done on the actual Race Day on Oct 23 at the event grounds from 3am-4am only. To claim race kit, please present confirmation email and a valid government-issued ID. Those who have availed of the Free Run Promo get their race kits shipped to their mailing address for free.
What is the time of the gun start?
*Assembly Time: 3:30am – all runners 7th Street (START Arch)
5:00 AM 21K
5: 30 AM 16.8K WAVE 1
5: 35 AM 16.8K WAVE 2
5: 50 AM 5K WAVE 1
5: 55 AM 5K WAVE 2
6:00 AM 5K WAVE 3
What is the KOTR Ipico Card?
IPICO’s dual-frequency, shoe-mounted RFID tags are easy to use, quick to collect and adidas’ top choice for the adidas King of the Road 2011.
The Ipico system works using a shoe-mounted plastic tag that is approximately half the size and similar thickness to a credit card. The tag is tied into the shoelaces and each time it passes over one of the blue Ipico timing mats, the tag ID and exact time of passing are recorded in the Ipico Elite reader box and transferred to KOTR’s timing software for processing.
It is important that the tag is flat and tied to the shoelaces correctly throughout the event.
This custom made KOTR Ipico Card is yours to keep and can be used for the following adidas KOTR races for 2-3 more years. Leave the finish line area and keep this KOTR Ipico Card as your KOTR souvenir, a great piece of memorabilia to display along with your finishers medallion.
How about hydration and safety?
The KOTR will have water stationg installed every 1.5km along the race path, ensuring every runner to hydrate as necessary. In total, there are 14 water stations, 14 Powerade stations, and strategically located at the 21k race route are 2 sponge stations, and 1 banana station.
On first aid, the KOTR is fully equipped with first aid teams to attend to runners needing assistance. There are a total of 15 ambulances, 15 medic stations, and 11 medics roving on bicycles. There will also be marshals – police men, traffic aids, and radio communicators manning various points at the race path..